Sunland/Tujunga Fire Damage Info from SERVPRO
As industry experts know, house fires cost homeowners billions of dollars in damages each year. In many cases, residential property owners spend more than they have to on restoration because they do not hire high quality, fast-acting fire damage restoration services. However, you can avoid spending excess money on repairs by securing a team of trained remediation experts as soon as the fire is extinguished. SERVPRO offers the following to shed more light on the advantages of obtaining professional fire damage remediation help.
First Call to Your insurance company. Have an adjuster survey the damage and then okay repairs. SERVPRO, a preferred vendor for many insurance companies and management companies, can also meet with your adjuster to develop a cost-effective and comprehensive plan to restore your home and minimize the loss of personal possessions.
Fire Damage Restoration Professionals Utilize Specialized Equipment
Often large volumes of water must first be removed due to the extinguishing of the house fire. Heavy duty water pumps, wet vacs, and sump pumps are available on our trucks. Then powerful chemical cleansers, ozone generators, specialized air-moving machines, and industrial-strength dehumidifiers are employed for specific tasks. Remediation experts can use this equipment quickly and correctly to ensure that the restoration process is thorough and effective.
Prepare for a fire
A little over one million home fires happen in a year. It is a very scary and realistic event that can take place at your home. Are you prepared for one? If not, you can contact SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga and we can give you some pointers and handouts on how to prepare yourself and your family if this situation were to ever happen. It is a good idea to always be prepared and to make sure your family is aware of everything as well. Yes it might be a hard topic to talk about with your family members and your children but it is a good idea to have everyone aware of situations like a house fire. The youngest to the oldest should have prior knowledge and know how to react if a house fire strikes. Its never late to be prepared, start this preparation today.
Mold is dangerous, yet something that can be taken care of instantly. Coming across mold at a property isn't fun, but if you do the right thing fast there should be nothing to worry about. SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga has trained mold remediation technicians that are ready to tackle down anything.
Spotting mold can be frustrating and can be confusing at times, but here is a basic list of what mold is and should SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga help you with any current and future mold issues.
- Mold can be found anywhere, as long as there is moisture mold has the chance to grow.
- Mold can grow on drywall, wood studs, carpets, food, paper, and even on insulation. Mold is reproduced through spores and when mold spores land on wet areas in the house that is when it starts to grow. That spore digests whatever damp item it lands on and it grows in order for it to survive. Once that mold fungus is in contact with moisture bacteria is created and then mold starts to grow within days.
- When extra moisture accumulates in an area or specifically on a material, mold will start to form and grow. If there is constant moisture in an area, hence the bathroom and the kitchen always make sure that after your steamy hot shower you wipe everything down. Wipe your walls and mirror in the bathroom with a dry towel to prevent from constant moisture being left on the materials in the bathroom after a shower. When washing dishes or using excess water in the Kitchen make sure everything is wiped down dry to avoid mold spores to be created and have mold grow.
- Mold spores are not visible to the naked eye, you will not be able to spot them until they you see them in the form of mold. Be extra cautious to the rooms and materials being in contact with moisture on a daily basis.
- Prior to mold being visible to the naked eye, you may be smelling a musty or earthy smell. When this occurs immediately contact SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga , and we will have our mold crew come out and inspect your property for these first signs of mold. Do not ignore signs like smell, you can be able to prevent the mold from growing more.
- Mold can appear on the outside of the walls as a stain or discoloration and come in a fuzzy form, when you spot these signs of mold SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga will remove the growing mold spores and return the area back to the normal levels where there is no mold spores near.
- Everyone is aware that all molds, weather green or black, have the potential to cause health effects.
- When the mold remediation technicians of SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga are eliminating the mold growth it is done under a properly built containment where it is sealed and does not have access to spread mold spores into other unaffected areas. After SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga are complete with the mold remediation, an Industrial Hygienist will schedule to confirm that mold is no longer present. They will be taking a count of spore to confirm to us SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga and the homeowners that mold is no longer present.
- Mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling the moisture by wiping down dry to not let dampness sit on materials.
- The reason behind mold remediation is to remove the mold that is present at the property so we can prevent human contact and damage to the building materials.
If you suspect mold at your property, feel free to call SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga at (818) 365-3736 and get connected to one of our highly trained mold remediation technicians.
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 818-365-3736
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Sunland/Tujunga, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
In this picture a tree has been uprooted and came down crashing on this home. This already caused a lot of damage to the home from the outside but more importantly is what it does to the inside of the home. SERVPRO was there to help with the tree removal and tarping of the roof to keep any debris from coming into the home. SERVPRO also went into the home and did all the necessary clean up and debris removal to keep this family safe and keep the home clean and livable.
SERVPRO specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
When you have 60 mph winds and nickel-sized hail, you should pay attention and take precautions so the damage doesn't take over your home. Here in Southern California that was the case and SERVPRO was there to help residents and commercial property owners with the damage.
Here are some Safety Tips on getting ready for a storm before it hits:
You can make your own kit. Include:
• Landline telephone that does not require power and will work in an event of a power outage
• battery operated radio with AM/FM tuning
• LED crank flashlight
• First aid kit with essential medicines and a manual, including a copy of your prescription medicines.
• Drinking water supply to last five days
• Non-perishable, ready-to-eat food and a manual can opener and some plastic utensils
• If needed, pet food and other things necessary for your pet(s)
• Towels, toilet paper, bathroom items and other sanitary items
These are just to name a few things that you should include in your kit. Every family has its own special needs and circumstances so please build your kit accordingly.
SERVPRO is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
It is really important that you address any water damage issues you are having quickly and thoroughly. Sometimes we think we can handle the situation ourselves but in most cases we need to reach out to restoration companies such as SERVPRO so that they can come and asses the situation. Restoration companies have the proper equipment, tools and trained staff to take care of the problems at hand and discover hidden problems that are not visible to the eye.
So just remember to have SERVPRO on speed dial for all your water, fire and mold needs. They are a very well trained staff and are ready to help you feel "Like it never even happened."
Severe summertime rains are making it hard to stay positive! As more rain is forecasted, in California for the coming weeks, more homeowners are worried about their already flood damaged homes and basements.
When the rain has already soaked the ground, there really is nowhere for it to go, but up through the basements of homes. Of course if a wet basement goes unchecked, it can ruin floors, walls and create an environment for mold to grow and even damage roofing.
When you find yourself in this predicament remember to call SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga at (818) 951-6780 for help or an estimate and we will be there to help you through this rough time. Dealing with water damage can never be a fun thing but you don't have to do it alone.
Commercial damage prep
Commercial damage is very difficult to get rid of on your own, especially when you consider what goes into fire restoration. Fire restoration involves many different steps and processes, and this is why it is imperative that you hire a fire damage expert who can come to your home and do the clean up for you. They will be able to come and take care of the electrical fire or utility room fire that has happened after firefighters have left using their fire trucks and fire hoses.
Along with having this type of commercial fire damage repair done, you may also want to consider a fire sprinkler system and fire suppression system along with fire restoration. Fire restoration alone is simply not enough, since you will want to prevent the issue from happening in the future using a fire sprinkler system and fire suppression system for your own needs. This is why a lot of people have made the decision to contact the experts after dealing with an electrical fire or utility room fire.
Even a boss needs help sometimes
If it is an emergency sudden cause of damage or a slow leak that eventually caused a water damage to your property we can handle it. One of our big commercial buildings had an emergency one day and we were on the scene to help mitigate the water and service the building. It was a pretty big job from drying walls and pulling up carpets but we were able to help them with this problem. Our client was really impressed with the experience and training that our techs had when dealing with this situation.
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.