Mold is dangerous, yet something that can be taken care of instantly. Coming across mold at a property isn't fun, but if you do the right thing fast there should be nothing to worry about. SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga has trained mold remediation technicians that are ready to tackle down anything.
Spotting mold can be frustrating and can be confusing at times, but here is a basic list of what mold is and should SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga help you with any current and future mold issues.
- Mold can be found anywhere, as long as there is moisture mold has the chance to grow.
- Mold can grow on drywall, wood studs, carpets, food, paper, and even on insulation. Mold is reproduced through spores and when mold spores land on wet areas in the house that is when it starts to grow. That spore digests whatever damp item it lands on and it grows in order for it to survive. Once that mold fungus is in contact with moisture bacteria is created and then mold starts to grow within days.
- When extra moisture accumulates in an area or specifically on a material, mold will start to form and grow. If there is constant moisture in an area, hence the bathroom and the kitchen always make sure that after your steamy hot shower you wipe everything down. Wipe your walls and mirror in the bathroom with a dry towel to prevent from constant moisture being left on the materials in the bathroom after a shower. When washing dishes or using excess water in the Kitchen make sure everything is wiped down dry to avoid mold spores to be created and have mold grow.
- Mold spores are not visible to the naked eye, you will not be able to spot them until they you see them in the form of mold. Be extra cautious to the rooms and materials being in contact with moisture on a daily basis.
- Prior to mold being visible to the naked eye, you may be smelling a musty or earthy smell. When this occurs immediately contact SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga , and we will have our mold crew come out and inspect your property for these first signs of mold. Do not ignore signs like smell, you can be able to prevent the mold from growing more.
- Mold can appear on the outside of the walls as a stain or discoloration and come in a fuzzy form, when you spot these signs of mold SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga will remove the growing mold spores and return the area back to the normal levels where there is no mold spores near.
- Everyone is aware that all molds, weather green or black, have the potential to cause health effects.
- When the mold remediation technicians of SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga are eliminating the mold growth it is done under a properly built containment where it is sealed and does not have access to spread mold spores into other unaffected areas. After SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga are complete with the mold remediation, an Industrial Hygienist will schedule to confirm that mold is no longer present. They will be taking a count of spore to confirm to us SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga and the homeowners that mold is no longer present.
- Mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling the moisture by wiping down dry to not let dampness sit on materials.
- The reason behind mold remediation is to remove the mold that is present at the property so we can prevent human contact and damage to the building materials.
If you suspect mold at your property, feel free to call SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga at (818) 365-3736 and get connected to one of our highly trained mold remediation technicians.