Be Prepared for A House Fire
Always make sure to go over your plan with all your family members including the young ones as well.
A little over one million home fires happen in a year. It is a very scary and realistic event that can take place at your home. Are you prepared for one? If not, you can contact SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga and we can give you some pointers and handouts on how to prepare yourself and your family if this situation were to ever happen. It is a good idea to always be prepared and to make sure your family is aware of everything as well. Yes it might be a hard topic to talk about with your family members and your children but it is a good idea to have everyone aware of situations like a house fire. The youngest to the oldest should have prior knowledge and know how to react if a house fire strikes. Its never late to be prepared, start this preparation today.
Wild Fires? Not A Problem
Summer is almost around the corner and in Southern California it gets extremely hot and wild fires strike instantly. With wild fires comes soot/ash damage to your house. SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga has crews that are professionally trained to take care of your soot/ash damage. Having soot all over your home or when you turn your A/C on can be a complete headache, but if you call us at 818-365-3736, we can take that headache away from you instantly. We are well prepared for what the summer holds for us because we are familiar with the wild fires that take place every year. Always remember to call us if help is needed with any fire damage to your home. We will be more than happy to assist you with that.
SERVPRO Of Sunland/Tujunga is ready for anything!
SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga is ready for any disaster that strikes. Your business is as important to us like it is to you. Our number one goal as a restoration company is to you get your business back to its original setting and act like the water/fire damage "never even happened". We are here to restore your business and restore the lives of your customers as well. Water, fire, mold, soot/ash, toilet overflow, whatever you can think of, SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga will make it "like it never happened". We do not just have that as our motto, we live up to and will work side by side with you to restore anything that happened to your business, and that is a promise. Call us at 818-365-3736 if anything takes place at your business, our crews can take down anything that comes their ways.
Common Commercial Water/Fire Damages
Water damages are so easy to occur. It is not necessarily needed for a flood or storm to take place to get a water damage, it can happen with so many other things. Your business can have a malfunction with the sprinkler system, toilet backup, broken pipes and plumbing problems and sewer lines can all be causes for a water damage to occur at your business. Fire damages can take place as well and all these damages are common. Do not be afraid and do not freak out because SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga is trained to take care of all these different types of situations for you. Let our business take care of your business because that is what we are here for. Always remember to call SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga at 818-365-3736 for your next water/fire damage at your business. We will make it "Like it never even happened."
When Storms or Floods hit Sunland, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Sunland/Tujunga.
SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Sunland we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today
Don't know what to do? Just read our list of tips!
Don't forget to check off the list!
Here are some things you should do immediately once water damage has occurred at your home or business:
- Make sure that the water source is turned off instantly to stop the leak from expanding.
- Make sure that you turn off power outlets and electric appliances in or near flooded areas if it is safe to do so, otherwise stay clear of the area until professional help is at your assistance.
- Remove paper products from the source of water right away to prevent more damage from occurring.
- Get in contact with SERVPRO!
SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga is a locally-owned company with national resources, ready to respond at a moment's notice to water damage in your home. Call us 24/7 at (818) 365-3736.
Sunland Residents: Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your home.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (818) 365-3736
Smell Something Funky? Call us for a Mold Inspection
Remember moisture control is the key to keep mold spores from growing!
Mold is dangerous, yet something that can be taken care of instantly. Coming across mold at a property isn't fun, but if you do the right thing fast there should be nothing to worry about. SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga has trained mold remediation technicians that are ready to tackle down anything.
Spotting mold can be frustrating and can be confusing at times, but here is a basic list of what mold is and should SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga help you with any current and future mold issues.
- Mold can be found anywhere, as long as there is moisture mold has the chance to grow.
- Mold can grow on drywall, wood studs, carpets, food, paper, and even on insulation. Mold is reproduced through spores and when mold spores land on wet areas in the house that is when it starts to grow. That spore digests whatever damp item it lands on and it grows in order for it to survive. Once that mold fungus is in contact with moisture bacteria is created and then mold starts to grow within days.
- When extra moisture accumulates in an area or specifically on a material, mold will start to form and grow. If there is constant moisture in an area, hence the bathroom and the kitchen always make sure that after your steamy hot shower you wipe everything down. Wipe your walls and mirror in the bathroom with a dry towel to prevent from constant moisture being left on the materials in the bathroom after a shower. When washing dishes or using excess water in the Kitchen make sure everything is wiped down dry to avoid mold spores to be created and have mold grow.
- Mold spores are not visible to the naked eye, you will not be able to spot them until they you see them in the form of mold. Be extra cautious to the rooms and materials being in contact with moisture on a daily basis.
- Prior to mold being visible to the naked eye, you may be smelling a musty or earthy smell. When this occurs immediately contact SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga, and we will have our mold crew come out and inspect your property for these first signs of mold. Do not ignore signs like smell, you can be able to prevent the mold from growing more.
- Mold can appear on the outside of the walls as a stain or discoloration and come in a fuzzy form, when you spot these signs of mold SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga will remove the growing mold spores and return the area back to the normal levels where there is no mold spores near.
- Everyone is aware that all molds, weather green or black, have the potential to cause health effects.
- When the mold remediation technicians of SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga are eliminating the mold growth it is done under a properly built containment where it is sealed and does not have access to spread mold spores into other unaffected areas. After SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga are complete with the mold remediation, an Industrial Hygienist will schedule to confirm that mold is no longer present. They will be taking a count of spore to confirm to us SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga and the homeowners that mold is no longer present.
- Mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling the moisture by wiping down dry to not let dampness sit on materials.
- The reason behind mold remediation is to remove the mold that is present at the property so we can prevent human contact and damage to the building materials.
If you suspect mold at your property, feel free to call SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga at (818) 365-3736 and get connected to one of our highly trained mold remediation technicians.
Storms in California? You'd be surprised!
Always be prepared for a storm!
One way or another we experience storms. Rather it be snow, rain, wind, etc, it is going to happen. When it does happen we need to be prepared. The following list is what is recommended at a minimum to be ready in the event of a storm.
- Flash Light (it is possible for the power to go out during a storm)
- Extra Batteries (flashlights never work when needed, having extra batteries can save you from the dark)
- First Aid Kit (make sure nothing is outdated in the kit so it is possible to use the items if needed)
- Cellphone (Now a days everyone has a cellphone, it is necessary to have one in case the house phone does not connection)
- Canned Food (might not have food to cook, it is important to have up to date canned foods just in case for emergency purposes)
- Manual Can Opener (do not just rely on an electrical can opener because the electricity can go out during a storm)
- Bottled Water (water is the most important thing to have around the house)
- Blanket (it is possible for the heaters at your property to stop working, make sure you have blankets around to keep you warm)
- Battery Powered Weather Radio (using a radio can help you stay connected to what is happening during a storm in case your T.V does not work and you cannot connect to the weather channel)
Being prepared will help keep panic at a minimum especially in a family that has children involved. Not only will these items benefit you but it will help benefit your loved ones around as well. These items should be kept in a safe place with easy access in case of a storm emergency. Every month or so check the battery life and replace if needed. Make sure that the canned food and bottles of water are up to date and if need replacements to do it immediately during a storm season. Also remember to go over the items in the kit with your family so they are aware of everything put into the kit.
Faster to your Sunland/Tujunga Water Damage Event
SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Sunland.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately.This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (818)365-3736
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga
SERVPRO of Sunland/Tujunga specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.